Applying to university: THIRD AND FOURTH OFFERS #6

I don't think there's anything more satisfying than the feeling of proving someone wrong when they were so adamant that you couldn't do something and tried to force you out of it. This is how I felt when I got my Exeter offer. However, when I saw that the entry requirements had been reduced to BBB, that's when I felt incredibly happy because that seems somewhat feasible to me, with a lot of hard work, of course.

A couple of weeks ago, I received offers from University of Exeter and Bournemouth University - two lovely places which also resulted in me having 4/5 offers thus far. In the upcoming weeks, I will start going to the applicant days to make an informed decision about where I want to spend the next few years of my life. Honestly, I'm leaning towards Exeter at the moment but that could change when I go to the applicant days so I'm yet to make up my mind completely yet. Also, I still need to wait for Bristol to get back to me.

As well as this, I've become involved in a number of group chats through Facebook of people applying to the same universities and courses as me which has been really helpful because it's good to talk to others who are aiming for the same things as you. I would definitely recommend this if you're feeling nervous about talking to new people because despite perhaps not ending up talking to everyone you have spoken to over group chats when you start university, it's a good start, in my opinion.

A levels are a lot of work at the moment, as expected but I know it'll be worth it in the end. My English literature coursework is slowly killing me, I think and I will be so happy when I've finally finished it. I've realised at the moment that the sixth form I'm in really isn't doing any favours for my overall health but I'm counting down the days until I leave and finally have a fresh start. I received my exam dates for this year a couple of weeks ago and I'm dreading it because they are all really quite close together but well, there's not much I can do about that.

If you're applying to university this year, how is it going for you?

Lauryn


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.